Monday, June 13, 2011

Buenos Aires, looking up...

Buenos Aires is a city where you have to remember to look UP. There are so many fantastical towers, statues, and carvings to see. Like these guys keeping the time...



This is my favorite building...


Close-ups of the Statues...




A different view of my favorite building. There are Patagonian penguins standing on iceflows at some of the corners...


And another view of my favorite building - can you see the giant winged creatures hanging over the edge of the building? There are 3 in this picture...

Changing gears - here is maybe a former eyeglasses shop?


 
Today, this is a store in a trendy neighborhood. When I looked up, I realized it used to be a stables...

 Near my Spanish school...(the Ministry of the Navy building)...


This was an ironworks in the 1800s...
General Belgrano, presiding over a beautiful day...


1 comment:

  1. I love to look at what others so quickly pass by. Thanks for these wonderful pictures and your intriguing take on life in Argentina. I even used the "Che" information in a conversation today. Cool!

    ReplyDelete