Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Elegance

Yesterday, my elegant weekend continued. First, I had tango class. You aren't supposed to take pictures there for some reason - but I managed to get in a few. This particular spot has big crowds of oldsters who have been dancing tango for decades. It is charming to see them dancing in the beautiful faded glory of the Confiteria Ideal.

Afterwards, I hopped on the subway - the A line, which was one of the first subways built in the world. It has wonderful old cars with wood paneling and the conductor has to lean out the window to check if the doors are clear before he sets off. My destination was the Confiteria Las Violettas - a very old and beautiful place that serves afternoon tea. Like most of Buenos Aires, the neighborhood is peppered with lovely old buildings, so I threw in the picture of the stained glass "Pharmacia" sign to give you that flavor.






No comments:

Post a Comment