Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Un Cuento Chino

Hi Dear Ones, I just saw my first movie in a theater in Argentina! I knew almost nothing about it beforehand, but it turned out to be incredibly suited to my circumstances. It's called A Chinese Story (Un Cuento Story) and large parts of it were clearly filmed in my neighborhood - in fact, even on the route that I walk to work! I wish I could show you the key moments, but here at least is the link to the preview. There has been significant Chinese immigration to Buenos Aires over the years, and this movie is about a Chinese immigrant who is befriended by a native Argentinian. My office is in China Town so I see these scenes every day...Of course, the movie was also about the immigrant experience, what it's like to not quite speak the language etc - and that I could also relate to!

http://filminginargentina.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/un-cuento-chino/

No comments:

Post a Comment